Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The New Hipster: A Generation With Identity Issues

I’m thinking into the near future…

When I think of a “Hipster” I think a Fedora or some funky hat, a vintage t-shirt (that really isn’t vintage but only meant to look so) or a flannel, tight jeans, and cowgirl boots/flats for the ladies and shoes with sued for the gentlemen. I think the new hipster is changing a bit, with a complete embrace of the 1970s. For the men, they’ve lost the hat and replaced it with big puffy frizzy wavy hair (imagine white guys with afros) and a moustache, shirts are about the same, some may be risky and add small flowers or paisley to their dress shirts. They may have added a leather jacket, and the pants are now dark brown polyester (next week they may have bell bottoms). The ladies are also rocking the leather jackets but I think it’s time to either curl the hair Farrah Fawcett style or grown it out to be super long, stringy, and blonde. I think the women will start wearing fur jackets too (that are fake of course). Maybe indie music will start to incorporate funk. Keep an eye and ear out!

No comments: