Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Watch: Necessity or Accessory?

I was in a meeting today with 7 men wearing 7 watches placed on each of their left wrists. 4 of them had cells phones sitting on the table directly in front of them while I'm sure the rest of them had their phone in their pocket. Other than a watch and for some a wedding ring, I did not notice any other accessories so it made me wonder... Is the watch the ultimate accessory for men? I feel as though it must be because they could not have possibly needed it to tell the time, it was right there in front of them on their cell phone. What does your watch say about you and how important is the brand? Rolex, Cartier, Mavado, which one are you?

2 comments:

Alan said...

For the record, I was one of those 7 men in that meeting. I wear a watch on my left wrist as well as a wedding ring. I also had my cell phone on the table.

I rarely use my cell phone to tell time, only if I'm not wearing my watch. A watch is an accessory but also functional. I don't know many men (including myself) who accessorize a lot. Some men wear a lot of rings or have earings. I don't see the need.

My watch is by Kenneth Cole. Not sure I'd feel comfortable wearing a Rolex.

Amanda said...

Yes, you were one of those men :) Kenneth Cole is still a pretty nice brand. I thought of one other big accessory – sunglasses! Maybe shoes can count as well however then we are getting into fashion as an accessory which I wanted to avoid.