Wednesday, August 26, 2009

See Julie and Julia

There were only 2 things I did not enjoy about this movie...
1. Hearing people chew their food like cows
2. Being able to relate
Sure you can call it a girly movie, but it will make you think about your passions, what drive you, and what inspire you. Relating to a tantrum which makes no sense to most people, but makes all the sense in the world to you. Feeling like your kitchen is too small, and that you just want to cook more healthy, cheap, or enjoyable meals. Wanting to be inspired, and more importantly, inspire others. BLOGGING - writing when you are not a writer, and there may be many other more interesting people to listen to. Narcissism and talking to a web of people who may or may not be listening... and even if they are, they live in your household which means they can more easily listen to you in real life. Feeling enthusiastic and stuck at the same time, which is okay. Trying to find a path, and when you go down the wrong one, blaming it on something else... your day job or your small apartment, which makes complete sense at the moment, but only to you. I'm not sure this a sensible "review" but I'd give it 2 thumbs up.

I have a list of "43 things" that I'd like to accomplish one day... they gather dust on the pages of my idea book. Thinking about these 43 things inspire me. Sure you may call it an infatuation or just a phase; 8 glasses of water a day, piano, blogging, reading 12 books in 1 year, taking my multi-vitamin and so forth. If you know me, which I'm sure you do, you have laughed about this, without questioning your own list of 43 things.

Become a chef, move through your kitchen with grace, find something therapeutic, be childlike, go on a journey, express your passion, and be daring... learn to bone a chicken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is made up of mini goals, thats for sure. My bucket list (currently with only 26 items and 8 of them already checked off) is basically my quest for personal happiness..............I appreciate your movie review and based on it I just may find myself deciding watching(but only when / if offered at the dollar theater. Ill pay a dollar for almost any movie :)
-Nanette

Bob L. said...

Well done...