Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Are "Hipsters" Wearing Fanny Packs Now?

According to Billboards “Coachella 2011: 10 Things Seen & Heard Friday” the “Fashion statement of the day? Fanny packs are back! Everyone from the hippest of L.A. hipsters to parents chaperoning little revelers around seemed to have a pouch strapped to their waist. Who knew?

Being that hipsters do not wear fanny packs this leads me to believe that either the Coachella demographics are changing (perhaps way younger or way older) or the music is changing (maybe becoming more mainstream). This fashion accessory is rather typical of emo/screamo kids who often frequent music festivals like the Warped Tour but not Coachella. So while I believe that fanny packs were most likely in full-effect, I don’t believe they were being worn by Hipsters. Then again, I’m sure that Billboard and I probably have a very different understanding of a Hipster.

No comments: