Sunday, September 28, 2008

Glass Walls on the rise in Hollywood



I'm detected a new architecture trend on the rise in Hollywood!!! Let me give you a little background info of the area first. I've lived here for about 3 years now and when I first move to Hollywood I had no idea what was behind most of these solid sign-less walls. If most of the trendy and elite clubs and restaurants were placed in any other city, from the outside they would look like warehouses, chop-shops, or drug dealin' locations. Unfortunately you have to be in the know to see that behind these walls are trendy hangouts filled with hot actors and celebs. Well, some business people have finally realized that if they only cater to these people, they will be out of business within a year - seriously.. I see it happen all the time. Within the last 6 month a 24 hour posh diner opened called Kitchen 24. It's affordable and more importantly accepts all people. I think the major difference with this place is that it has large glass windows so you can see everything inside which makes you want to go inside when you see how awesome and crowded it looks. It's fairly simple really... if people can see inside and it looks cool, they will want to come inside, and this, my friend, is why I feel it's always so busy. Face it, most people who come to Hollywood have no idea how to find a club with no sign and a door that you enter in a creepy alley. Following Kitchen 24 is Loteria Grill and Kress. I don't feel cool enough to get into Kress so I can't speak confidently for it yet however their similarities are the large glass walls. Loteria Grill is also always packed and I feel the reason why is that you can see inside! People know what they are walking by and they can see that it looks cool and busy. I'm sure it's less intimidating too when you know what you're walking into. Anyways, I think you get the point, in the near future I envision that more and more bars, clubs and restaurants will be bringing their solid walls down in place or inviting see-through glass.

No comments: