Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm a flash mobber!


Even wikipedia knows what a Flash Mob is: "A flash mob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse." I know, it's so 2003 but I still like it. Apparently I have even participated in one (SantaCon) without even knowing it! Basically it's a social experiment which is often used to get some point across (or just to be ridiculous for really no reason at all). Anything from planting a banana tree to dressing up as soldiers outside the McCain campaign offices. It's very guerrilla and often organized through email. Like everything that is once cool and loses it - the brands have started to catch on. Can flash mobs be on the way in or out? Yahoo recently partnered with Improv Everywhere to launch a flash mob campaign which was announced on Ad Age last month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Blabby,

Where's my photo credit??

JD

Amanda said...

I'd like to give credit to Jeff Dickens for taking this amazing picture :)